Administrator's Guide: How to create a Virtual Organization
This section describes a step-by-step process for creating a new Virtual Organization (VO) within an existing gCube infrastructure.
The creation of a VO requires to:
- identify at least 8 machines to turn as gHNs (more machines could be needed, depending on the VO needs);
- Installing the Virtual Organization enabling services. 3 gHNs are needed. These are the mandatory services needed to glue together the VO nodes;
- Configuring the Virtual Organization;
- Verifying the Virtual Organization correctness;
- Create and register VO Resources;
- Deploy and configure the VO-level services on 5 gHNs (eventually, other VO specific services). These services are deployed at VO level to support a specific deployment scenario;
All the steps above assume that a Portal has been already installed, it is running at infrastructure level and can be configured to join the new VO. See the Portal Management part of the Administrator's Guide for instructions on how to install and configure the portal.
After the creation of a Virtual Organisation, a number of management tasks can be performed. Refer to the dedicated section of the Administrator's Guide for additional information.