Conventions applying to the ETICS System
Module names (i.e. projects, subsystems and components as defined by the ETICS datamodel) must be of the form:
[fully-qualified-project-name] [fully-qualified-project-name].[subsystem-name] [fully-qualified-project-name].[subsystem-name].[component-name]
- names are all lowercase
- fully-qualified-project-name is either 'org.gcore' or 'org.gcube'
- subsystem-name and component-name must not contain dots ('.')
- in case a separator is needed use a dash ('-')
org.gcube org.gcube.vo-management org.gcube.vo-management.credential-renewal
Trunk/HEAD configurations have the following form. (ETICS attaches special meaning to the '.HEAD' suffix; thus the adoption of the '.trunk' suffix has been discarded)
Feature Branch configurations must have the form:
Public configurations must have the following form.
Private configurations names (for the limitate usage of developers) are free-format
- module-name has the format specified above
- no dot ('.') is allowed in names
org.gcube.vo-management.credential-renewal.HEAD org.gcube.vo-management.credential-renewal.branch-shibboleth org.gcube.vo-management.credential-renewal.1-0-5
Conventions applying to SVN
Feature branch names must have the form:
Maintenance Branch names must have the form
The release tags have the following form:
Each release tags contains the code of all components released organized by subsystem:
[SVN_ROOT]/private/ciro.formisano/org.gcube.vo-management.credential-renewal.branch-shibboleth [SVN_ROOT]/branches/org.gcube.vo-management/org.gcube.vo-management.credential-renewal/1.0 [SVN_ROOT]/tags/org.gcube.3-6-0 [SVN_ROOT]/tags/org.gcube.3-6-0/org.gcube.vo-management/org.gcube.vo-management.credential-renewal/1.0
Component releases are identified by a version number, i.e. a combination of four numbers with the following structure:
[major-number] [minor-number] [patch-number] [age]
where the individual components stand for:
- Major enhancements: new functionality is added to a component (or the application) and the new functionality breaks the existing API contracts or changes the user interfaces. In this case a new release of the component (system) is produced with a new version number incrementing the major version.
- Minor enhancements: new functionality is added to a component (or the system) and the new functionality doesn’t break the API contracts or change the user interfaces. In this case a new release of the component (system) is produced with a new version number incrementing the minor version.
- Patch: no new functionality is added. The only modifications are introduced in order to fix bugs. In this case a new release of the component (system) is produced with a new version number incrementing the revision level.
- Age: a modification of the ETICS configuration only (e.g. command, dependencies, names, etc.). No change at all in the Source Repository.
Released configurations must be enriched with the above information. In addition, version numbers are required in configuration names (here without the 'age' field) with the following syntax:
Version numbers for ETICS '.HEAD' configurations must be set to 0.0.0-0