This set of services realize the GCube Core-facilities which are organised in the following categories.
Data Infrastructure Management Facilities
This area realizes the Data e-Infrastructure Management Facilities. In particular, the following pages describe specific services:
- gCore Based Information System
- Resource and VRE Management
- Messaging Infrastructure
- Utilities and Common Libraries
Data Infrastructure Policy-oriented Security Facilities
This area realize the Data e-Infrastructure Policy-oriented Security Facilities. The components implement the Security As A Service Model (Secaas) and are based on Service Oriented Authorization, Authentication and Accounting (SOA3) framework.
GCube security model is based on the application of security policies for limiting the accessing to services. Basing on this statement, the main entities characterising the security domain are the following:
- Actors, i.e. the subjects to be authenticated and authorized. In the most of cases they are the human users registered on a gCube based Portal or on Federated domains. In other cases the subjects are services that have to perform some batch operations by using any associated identity: in these cases the credentials are X509 Certificates and the authorization policies are based on the attributes of associated service profiles
- Actions, i.e. the operations that the subjects can or cannot perform. In gCube context they are service categories, defined by service name and service class: this means that groups of users (or services) can be authorized to use some service categories
- Resources, i.e. the objects of authorization queries, in other words on what the subject can or cannot perform the operation. In gCube context resources are service instances, i.e. the actual deployment of the service on a certain node. A service instance is identified by the attributes of the Node on which it is deployed.
- Policies, i.e. the statements defining which service instances a certain subject can use.
The following pages describe specific services:
- Resource Accounting
- SOA3 Authentication Service
- SOA3 Authorization Service
- SOA3 Policy Management Service
- User Management Service
Workflow Management Facilities
This area realize the Workflow Management Facilities. In particular, the following pages describe specific services: