Facilities Specification Template
This is the template for Facilities Specifications.
Few lines with a promotional 'flavour', e.g. "gCube xxx facilities offer scalable, high-performance, reliable, open source instruments for ..."
A bullet list highlighting the main features offered by the facilities. The 'flavour' should be catchy and user-friendly. Some examples are (from MongoDB):
- Document-oriented storage
- JSON-style documents with dynamic schemas offer simplicity and power.
- Full Index Support
- Index on any attribute, just like you're used to.
- Replication & High Availability
- Mirror across LANs and WANs for scale and peace of mind.
- Scale horizontally without compromising functionality.
- the identified facilities might be quite extent / "fat" from the functional point of view and
- the information introduced so far is very generic from a technical point of view
one or more 'subsystem' pages should be created.
Each subsystem page is expected to provide the reader with a description capturing design and deployment aspects as well as supported use cases. The following template is proposed:
Next step will be the identification of the subsystems for each facility.